Common Decisions We Miss to be Intentional ~ Intentional Christianity

What you should know...

Intentional Christianity is all about taking the teachings of Jesus Christ and finding ways to intentionally live them out in every step of life. It's not enough to read your Bible, pray, and go to church. There has to be a living out of what you're taking in, and this blog will help give you some practical ideas to do that.

Christ's teachings were clear, simple, and concise, and that's how you'll find the posts on this blog to be. You can expect to find two articles a week, and you can subscribe to have updates sent via Email or via RSS (What is RSS?).

To get the gist of what Intentional Christianity is all about, you should start here and take a look at these featured articles.

Common Decisions We Miss to be Intentional

0

Posted on : 11:55 AM | By : Andrew Randazzo | In :
As kids we learned in science class that everything is made up of atoms. It's an intricate part of life that exists and forms the world as we know at. The same can be said about decisions. Not a second passes that we aren't making a decision. Whether it's to get up when the alarm goes off, our voice inflection, or how many times we're going to chew before we swallow. Choices consume our lives.

So, when God says to glorify Him in everything we do, it becomes a gigantic task when seen from the above perspective. The big decisions in life are easier because they require more thought, but it's the little decisions that we've conditioned our minds to make predetermined decisions about (habits) that are far more difficult.

I remember as a kid going to a leadership camp where one of the projects was to write down 75 ways that we're selfish.  It was difficult at first, but as I started realizing how many decisions I make in a day, I began to see that most of those decisions did not look at others interests as more important than my own (Phil 2:4).

I still have that list and here's some of the things I wrote down.
  1. Not helping unload groceries
  2. Not calling someone who I know needs a word of encouragement while I'm driving
  3. Eating the last of someone's favorite food without asking
  4. Having an apathetic attitude when someone asks for help making a decision
  5. Not giving someone my full attention
  6. Leaving a mess on my plate for someone else to clean off
  7. Not thanking the person who made dinner
  8. Getting a drink without offering to get something for others
  9. Being noisy when I get up and others are still sleeping
  10. Bringing in the mail but not telling anyone, making them take a trip to the mailbox in vain
  11. Letting the TV remote fall behind the cushion
  12. Bringing the car home on empty
  13. Leaving shoes laying around the house
  14. Being a ball-hog in games
  15. Not replacing the toilet paper
  16. Sitting in my room instead of joining the rest of the family in the evening
  17. Hearing of a need and showing sympathy but not praying for it
  18. Talking to friends instead of visitors at church
  19. Allowing emotions from my personal struggles to affect others
  20. Not smiling or speaking up so people can understand me when I'm still waking up
  21. Not interacting during Sunday School when I have a question or comment that probably could benefit the whole class
God is constantly revealing areas that I'm selfish in.  What kind of things come to your mind?


Comments (0)

Post a Comment