Watch Your Mouth ~ Intentional Christianity

What you should know...

Intentional Christianity is all about taking the teachings of Jesus Christ and finding ways to intentionally live them out in every step of life. It's not enough to read your Bible, pray, and go to church. There has to be a living out of what you're taking in, and this blog will help give you some practical ideas to do that.

Christ's teachings were clear, simple, and concise, and that's how you'll find the posts on this blog to be. You can expect to find two articles a week, and you can subscribe to have updates sent via Email or via RSS (What is RSS?).

To get the gist of what Intentional Christianity is all about, you should start here and take a look at these featured articles.

Watch Your Mouth

0

Posted on : 9:01 AM | By : Andrew Randazzo
I was talking to a family this past week, and we were having a good time together. Well, I guess I got a little too comfortable because the humor started getting a little off color. It wasn't completely inappropriate but nonetheless, the family was a little surprised.

Here's my point. We come from different backgrounds and subcultures that have their normalicies. The story I was talking about would have been perfectly acceptable at school in mixed company. What I failed to realize was that I wasn't at school, the company was diversified in age, and what college students find as funny isn't what a mom or 10yr old find funny.

All I'm trying to say is think before you speak. I know I have a harder time with that than a lot of people, but I think anyone can fall into the same mistake I did. Just be conscious of your surroundings and make sure you're not just thinking about what's appropriate for you, but more importantly what the others around you consider appropriate.


Comments (0)

Post a Comment